Since 1996, the Gardere Initiative has proactively and diligently served the Gardere community, a densely populated community with 10,500 residents living within a 3.39 square mile area. We have replaced high crime, violence and hopelessness with community-wide resources for children, adults and families. We provide:
• Adult education
• After school tutoring and liaison between the child and the school
• Computer access for employment and social service applications
• Free books for children and adults via our "Little Free Library"
• Boy Scouts for ages 5-11
• Football, basketball, soccer teams along with cheer-leading and dance for ages 5-13
• Community garden and nutrition education
• Prayer and Bible Study
• School break activities and a free 8-week summer program for kids that includes 2-week swim lessons
• Summer employment for high school students
• Community policing
• First Mondays with Moms
With your help we can provide the long term, consistent and supportive care needed to develop resilient children, strong families, productive citizens and healthy communities.